Monday, October 14, 2013

What the Hail?

subject line? i'm soaking from a mini hail storm that I just rode my bike through... I LOVE #MISSIONLIFE

   Soooo so many things happen in a week on a mission... I hope I have enough time to type everything out. First, DAD. I love you so so much!! The flowers that you sent me were so beautiful and JUST what I needed. I came home and got so happy I started crying! I put a letter in our mailbox the next day for you, but we check the mail Saturdaynight aaaaand it was still there. SO hopefully it goes out today... really I love you so much!

   This week I've been studying a lot about the Christlike attributes of faith and hope. I have received so much revelation from the Lord and it has helped me so much. I know that when we go to the Lord with real questions, and we seek out real answers... the scriptures start to become alive. I know that when we are seeking the Lord's guidance, he is going to speak to us through the scriptures, not necessarily with what we read exactly, but with what the spirit teaches us as we read. It's the coolest thing.

   Last night was EASILY the highlight of my mission so far. Everyone told me that there would be someone I would meet on my mission that I was supposed to meet... to be honest I kind of thought everyone was BSing me, trying to get me excited for Idaho. But IT HAPPENED. I know without a doubt I was supposed to meet the Winmill family. I had no idea that it would happen so soon on my mission but I am so glad that it did! 
   
   Brother Winmill is our ward mission leader and he and his wife have five kids, four boys and one girl {they are 24, 21, 18, 15 (Brooke he's cute, but I heard you're in love haha), and 12} and we had the best family home evening with them last night. When Bro Winmill asked us to come over and share somethin with his boys last Sunday, it was on my mind all week. His boys remind me a lot of Stone and what he's been through...and I think all baseball players have the same.... "swag" ...I guess haha. During my studies this week, I was prompted with what to share with the boys and then Bro Winmill shot us a text on Sunday, saying he wanted us to teach one of the missionary lessons, but to let us be inspired as to which one. I knew immediately, and before we went over, I had some time on my own, while Sis Wright was meeting with the mission doc. The spirit was consuming me... I could noooot stop shaking. Partially because I'm always freezing but I knew our FHE was going to be awesome because I was feelin the spirit. We sat down together and decided to sing "give said the little stream" which they said later, that was the first time they had all sang that as a family in probably ten years and that it was special. Sister Wright let me teach the lesson and it was awesome. I told them it was going to be less of a lesson and more of a discussion and I don't think it could've gone any better. We talked about the Doctrine of Christ and it was awesome. All the boys were getting so involved and sharing their testimonies and insights on the scriptures we were reading... gosh. I wish you could've felt it.
   
   Then after, for me was probably the most meaningful. Bro Winmill put his hand on my arm and sincerely thanked me for my testimony and for being on a mission. He told me that was exactly what they needed and he couldn't've asked for a better FHE lesson. Sister Winmill then shared with me the experience she had when we met for the first time. She said that when she came up the stairs and saw me sitting at the counter, that it was like her soul recognized me. I knew when I met her, there was something familiar and just knew that I loved her already. She said she felt like I recognized it too, because when we made eye contact, it was like "hey! where have you been? I've been waiting for you." IT ALL CLICKED. We all were in tears. Cody (their oldest) knew he was supposed to meet me and he said the minute he saw us, he knew..."these missionaries...they're gonna get me." I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this family. 
  
   I think one of the coolest parts of being on a mission is realizing that this whole thing is SO MUCH BIGGER than YOU. It's learning that our God is a detail-oriented God. Last night... being a small part in someone's big picture was so incredible to me. The Lord worked through so many people to help get me on my mission, so that I could come here to Idaho and help someone else. I know that this is not my mission. The Lord prepared me to be in Burley. And Iknow this is exactly where I'm meant to be. 

   STONE. You report WEDNESDAY. I am so so so excited for you. What is your MTC address? You better write long e-mails. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE YOUR MISSION. People are being prepared for you... and YOU have been prepared for them. Believe that.

Okay okay I'm running out of time. Tweet of the week? {we're standing outside and talking to an investigator...}

 "ummm... I'm sorry. Are those COWS mooing in the background??" "Oh ya... it's harvest season." #onlyinIdaho

In case you were wondering, I've already had some embarrrrr bike incidents. Bike and skirts were not made for each other... but it sure does keep it interesting. 

I love you all SOOOOO much! I can't wait till we're all reunited and swapping mission stories. Missionary work is the best work!!

xoxo, 
sister ramsey

ps: sorry i don't know everyone's email. i love and miss everyoneeeee! 


No comments:

Post a Comment