Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lebron? Lebanon?

HAPPY ONE MONTH AND THREE DAYS TO MEEEE. Can you believe it? Time is flying and it's freaking me out. I'm so happy though. Seriously every day I hop on my bike and think, "my life is so cool... I ride a bike all around town at the most BEAUTIFUL time of year and go talk to people I've never met and offer service to them. all day every day." I mean... WHO DOES THAT? missionaries. and i'm one of them and i am so grateful.

STONE is out. Oh my gosh... I wish I could've been there to drop him off. I can't wait to hear about how he's doing. The MTC is the best place ever. I wish we could've been there at the same time... regardless I'm happy we're serving together. knowing we're in this together makes the hard times easier.

This week was another one for the books! Friday was just the best. It was me and Sister Bly's one month mark so we celebrated by going to Bent Bean and ordering ourselves pumpkin spice white chocolate steamers and muffins!! the best celebration of the day? It was our district temple trip and it was soooooo so so good. gosh I LOVE the temple. going was just what I needed and I didn't even realize I needed it. I was sitting in the celestial room and I have never felt so much PEACE in my life...I never wanted to leave. The whole time I was in there, I kept feeling the Lord reassure me, "Don't worry, I'll take care of you." Such a blessing...I'm so grateful for the temple!!

Then the day kept getting better! We went over to Rick and Heather's apt... Rick has been investigating the church and has been working hard to be worthy of baptism. Last week we met with him and his girlfriend Heather and we talked about a wedding date so that Rick could be baptized and they told us they wanted to wait until next summer to be married so that all of their kids could be there. So we planned on talking about obedience to all of God's commandments and the blessing of a celestial marriage. We wanted to focus on how the real celebration would be when they could be sealed for eternity... not just married for time. We walked in to their apartment and one of the first things they said was..."WE SET A DATE!! November 9th!!" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Lesson plan? out the window! oh my gosh... it was the best appointment. Rick and Heather are so cute and it clicked for them. Rick whipped out this HUGE 100 year old book of all of his family history and said, "I'm the first member in my family and I've got a lot of work to do. I don't want to wait more than a year to go to the temple." What? You're working on family history? Ok, you stud pioneer of your family. Ah, the spirit in the room was so awesome and I know there were people on the other side rejoicing with us because they have been waiting for Rick. It was so cool. And every time we went to say something to Rick, he finished our sentences! He totally gets it and it's so awesome to see.

Then there's miss. jenna. she is incredible. She is 100% blind and the bravest, most independent little girl you will ever meet. she just got a kidney transplant a few months ago and is now healthy and full of energy! we have been teaching her every day for the past week and her baptism is this friday!! I'm so excited for her! Aaaand the coolest part? She has been a little missionary for her family. Her step-dad, who disagrees with the mormon religion and wants nothing to do with it, has invited us into their home to teach (he has never allowed them in before), and at first he dismissed himself from everything but now he sits in on most of our discussions AND stays for the opening and closing prayers!! The light of Christ is real and people are drawn to it. Everytime he goes to another room, he ends up coming back for "water" and then asks a bunch of questions on whatever we're teaching! Haha it's so awesome! He's coming to the baptism and hopefully to church the next day to see her confirmed! AH!

We are teaching a lotttt and it is so great. Tonight we have more appointments then time so we are going on splits for the first time. I don't know why this makes me nervous but ahhhhh. Pray for me haha.

Yesterday I just happppppppppened to run into a stray college girl yesterday while I was at church! I SAW MIRANDA and it made me so so so sooo happy. Aaaaand I met the boy"friend" she was with and he was so cute! Ah, it was so fun to see a familiar face from home. I forget how long it's been since I've seen someone I knew. 

YOU GUYS. Burley makes some of the best food. Because I'm in farming country... people know how to grow a serious garden and I WILL learn their ways. This week I had THE BEST apple pie of my liiiiiiiiiiiiiife. Like I'm not even kidding. I don't even like pie but this was like a dream. I've never tasted anything like it. I bet Stone's going to have the same experience in Kenya. Ha. 

Oh... and the subject line? Jungle feva withdrawls: when you read in the scriptures "lebron" instead of "lebanon" hahaha i miss my brown boys. but no worries... i have found a way to cope without sunday night slow jamz and such ..... THIS IS MY JAM:


your welcome. your hooked. i know. it speaks to my soul.

also, I have to ask, FAMILY.... how is your missionary work coming? there are families out here in idaho, where it's like 80% mormon, FINDING people to teach. you guys are in florida and everyone we know isn't mormon so INVITE PEOPLE to our house. I've learned that we make ourselves too much of the equation... this is the LORDS work and HIS gospel. He doesn't expect us to know everything and be able to say all the right things but he expects us to keep His commandments so that we are worthy of the spirit and then to open our mouths. The spirit is what teaches, not us. The Lord is calling each of us to be missionaries. We are so lucky to have so many people to share it with every day in Florida. I've realized I could've been a waaaaay better missionary. Goodness, take me back. This gospel is here to bless everyone and all we have to do is invite others and LOVE them. No matter what. 

i love you all SO much and miss you like crazy. i pray for you always and hope this finds you well!! 

xoxo, 
sister ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment