Monday, April 7, 2014

#LDSconf

sad that it's over.
SO HAPPY THAT IT HAPPENED.

haha YOU GUYS. wasn't conference SO good?! we watched it with investigators all weekend and it was P O W E R F U L. not that i support those blessed feminists (cough) buuuut we watched Priesthood session with some of our people (does that make me a feminist? is that aloud? haha) and IT WAS AWESOME. Elder Eyring went way up in my book with his reference to Joe DiMaggio and baseball heroes. HA loved that. Seems hard to pick a favorite from the weekend, but here's some things that stood out to me.

"LOVE is the very essence 
of the gospel and 
CHRIST 
is our exemplar."
-President Thomas S. Monson

"Blame keeps wounds open.
Only forgiveness heals."
-President Thomas S. Monson

"The gospel is not weight, 
it's wings."
-Jean A. Stevens

"THIS IS YOUR FOUR MINUTES"
(loved this talk. s/o to @k8hansen)
-Gary E. Stevenson

"Gratitude is a catalyst for
all other Christ-like attributes"
-Elder Uchtdorf (loved)

"Is the load I am carrying providing me the spiritual traction 
I need to get back to my Father in Heaven?"
(this was golden)
-Elder Bednar

"If you are not proactive in educating your desires, 
the world will do it for you."
(p o w e r f u l insights)
-Randall L. Ridd

"Who you ARE is 
NOT who you can BECOME."
-Donald L. Hallstrom

I could go on and on. My journal is full of conference doodles and notes. LOVED Brother Teh's Sundayafternoon, Elder Scott's talk about loving others, Elder Cook's about temples and Family History work, AND OF COURSE Elder Ballard's about following up and missionary work. He inspired me to want to more fully study PMG every day FOREVER. And to learn from YOU, my family back at home. So include with me your insights when you study it this week :)

My PMG blurb this week?

"Repentance involves a change of heart and a desire to forsake a sin and serve God... It requires that people increase their commitment to live in agreement with God's will." -PMG pg. 8

Conference this weekend increased my faith and inspired me to repent and increase my commitment to live in agreement with God's will."

I hope it did that for all of us. I CANNOT wait for the Ensign to come out so we can read and treasure up the words of our modern day prophets and church leaders. As the Stake President serving here in Twin says, 

"[General Conference] will be our walk and our talk for the next six months." 

LOVE YOU ALL. and hope your hearts are full from the spirit of conference.
mine is bursting at the seams. {like my jeans.}

Jake gets baptized this weekend!
it'll be a goodie.
if a camera got here in time, i woooouldn't be mad lol.
no pressure.

i love this calling
i love this work
i LOVE these people
and i love my Heavenly Father.
and you.

xoxo, 
sister ramsey

ps: watched conference with a 90 year old lady this weekend and after Pres. Uchtdorf finished reading all the names from the sustaining of the leaders, she said, 

"um, what country are we in?"

hahaha her comments were priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment