Monday, December 9, 2013

"so vintage. so rad slash it needs some TLC."

that's sister cluff quoting me. hahaha you should see her impersonate me doing my ghetto voice. it's the funniest. did i ever tell you guys she's from Springerville? She knows alllllllll about snowflake and show low and small town livin. Her parents live on like 60 acres or something up there. i wonder if we've ever crossed paths before... haha small world.

i can't believe it's already Monday again... these weeks go by SO fast. we only have like a week and a half left in our transfer!! Each week I'm out Heavenly Father pushes me a little more and it's awesome.

so last week we met this guy named TJ at our Thanksgiving dinner with our islander and we told him a little bit about what we do as missionaries and we invited him to come to church on Sunday but he gave us a reason as to why he wouldn't be able to so we said okay and went about our Thanksgiving dinner. Then on Sunday, HE SHOWED UP. What? Later in the week we stopped by and talked to him about it and he said that he loved church and was so impressed at how welcoming everyone was! Then we gave him a BOM & invited him to read and set up an apt to come back and teach him. 

Last night, we met at his house and had such an incredible lesson! Ahhh Heavenly Father is truly PREPARING so many of his children to accept the gospel. TJ is such a humble guy and he is so willing to follow whatever God puts in front of him, even if he is unsure about it or it doesn't make sense. He's not sure why God brought him out here to Idaho all by himself{makes two of us, haha}, but he feels the spirit prompting him to stay here and not go back to California. We taught him most of the first lesson and invited him to be baptized and he said yes! I feel like TJ has taught me that it is truly our mission to just INVITE. Heavenly Father is doing all the work and guiding people back to Him, according to His timing for each of His children. I love seeing how the Lord works and feel blessed that he allows me to help. 

God works through each and every one of us when we muster up the courage to invite our friends to share our testimonies and the happiness we feel because of the gospel. This weekend I gave a talk on being converted to the gospel and it hit me that when we are truly converted, we take the testimony Heavenly Father has blessed us with and we do something about it. When we act and become and do something with our testimonies, we become converted and we experience a change of heart. I LOVED Elder Eyring's message this month... he says: 

"The Lord makes that commandment [D&C 88:81] easier to obey through the change that occurs in your heart as you accept and live the gospel of Jesus Christ. As a result, your love for others grows, as does your desire for them to have the same happiness you have experienced.....

Christmastime turns our hearts to the Savior and to the joy His gospel has brought us. We show our gratitude to Him best as we offer that happiness to others. Gratitude is turned to joy as we offer names to missionaries and as we take the names of our ancestors to the temple. That evidence of our gratitude can make friends and families that endure forever."

I love that! And I love you guys! Invite all of TAMPA to Night in Bethlehem!! haha I'm so sad I won't be there. No worries though... The Love Abiding Christian Church aka the ONLY black-choir in Mountain Home, ID performed at the Nativity event that happened at our Stake Center. OH MAN. It was the best thing ever and made me feel like I was right back in the South for a minute. I talked to them after and they made me SO happy!! This is the best time of year. Especially since it's a balmy 2 degrees today.

I LOVE YOU GUYS. t minus 15 days? till we get to skype!!! AH I CAN"T WAIT.

xoxo, 
sister ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment