Monday, June 16, 2014

#NOSPURSNO

aren't missionaries' LOVED ONES supposed to be blessed for their service?
does this NOT include our beloved sports teams?
seriously... what happened in the finals?
the heat got killed.
</3

and the rays?
do we even want to talk about their record?
ugh. at least i'm not witnessing it all happen.
hahaha 

HAPPY {late} FATHER'S DAY!!
missed you yesterday, dad.
hope you know I LOVE YOU

this week was super fun. 
we started teaching English classes to the Burmese people 
its the best.
& it's making all my foreign dreams come true.
it's making me even more excited for the day thailand happens..?
they are the SWEETEST people ever.
and you can tell when they have no idea what we are saying 
because they just laugh and say "i don't know!!"
my favorite part is that the only thing really communicating between us is LOVE
sister young says after every english class...
"we are living our dreams"

speaking of sister young... 
i felt i should include a handful of quotes from her so that you can better understand my life.
...and these are just a few. 

"sometimes, i fantasize about marrying a french boy so that he'll love my nose."

"i just feel like i need to teach my children to wear pastels"

me: "he's rich... you could like him."
sis young: "no, because I only like white people. it's a supremacist thing"

elder fernandez: "it's so cold out here."
sis young: "SORRY. ITS MY SOUL." 

"maybe i'm just a psycho and i've accepted that."

"i had no idea people lied until i met you."

"wow. i went an entire car ride without looking at myself." 

"i compliment myself for ignoring all social ques and living my dream."

"i just love how you are a normal person, except nothing about you is ordinary."

"is there anything that I've said today that would've potentially hurt your feelings...if you had a disorder?"

(speaking about an elder) "i just feel like he'll never know how much i love him, in the most platonic way."

me: "seriously, try some of my fruit water, its so good. you'll love it."
sis young: "only because you are the queen of peer pressure, i'm going to bless this water."
        ....**literally prays over my water before she trys a sip.

me: "i just don't think you understand how all i want to do right now is walk back into that house and watch the finals with them."
sis young: "no, i totally understand because that's exactly how i feel every time i see the movie frozen playing."

{ps. sister young is reading all of these right now and dying laughing at herself.}

hahahaha to say the least, there isn't a shortage of laughter in our companionship. i just love her and her ridiculous ways SO MUCH. i've never had a companion compliment and build me up SO much and she's teaching me a lot. esp how to "live my love language." haha i love my little southern belle.

i love you guys LOTS.
nine months this week?!
time is flyyyying.

DONT BLINK.

xoxo,
sister ramsey

 hiking with our district up to centennial falls
half handstand pic, duh. #youcantakethegirlouttayoga #canttaketheyogaoutofgirl
a handful of our burmese people! i love them!! #tellmeiminidaho #foreignmission #withseriousperks

No comments:

Post a Comment