Monday, May 19, 2014

liver, dontchya want some?


NO. never again.
i'm scarred for life.
when can i be veg again?
seriously cannot come soon enough.
I ATE LIVER THIS WEEK.
i don't know if y'all have ever tried that but....
#barf
it was a miracle my gag reflexes weren't triggered.
woof. me and sister young trauma bonded after ...so that was great.
 
other then that, this week was peachy.
actually it was bomb.
we found some new SOLID investigators.
it's so happy.
one girl refferred herself on mormon.org.
she requested a BOM and so obvs we were sent
but we had just given out ALL of our Book of Mormons
so we came empty handed
#worstmissionariesever
but this was her prayer:
"thank you, God, that the sisters forgot their Book of Mormon
so they HAVE to come back."
#winning
 
i can't wait to go back and teach her this week!
we are SO busy and it's making the weeks flyyyyyyyy
i'm just really grateful to have this time on a mission...
to learn, to grow, to meditate, to heal, to serve, to love, to observe, to feel...
to truly convert.
 
this week, we met some recent converts in our ward who have turned pretty anti. they come off suuuuper nice, and they are, but they whole time we were talking, he kept preaching all about the Bible and tried to act like I didn't know anything about it and that I don't live the Bible like he does? (#humility?) ....that it should take an entire lifetime of study just to "get it" and that I don't have time to read another book. ...that I shouldn't wear my tag and try and show the world that I believe in something. ...that I should change my mind because I am going to be held responsible for every person that "I" convert and that I'm going to have to answer to God.... that I will send Jesus Christ away when he comes to save me and ask for Joseph Smith? ...& SO MUCH MORE. I didn't try and fight him, bash, or prove him wrong... we just shared scriptures and bore our testimonies and left them with smiles and thanks. but the coolest part was the entire time he was condemning me, I truly felt the Lord's arms around me, and this scripture came into my mind:
 
".... I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
 
I know the Lord is pleased with my efforts and I know this is His work.
His spirit fills my heart every day and for that, I am grateful.
I hope you guys are having a great week!
 
life is good. the work is better. god is best.
 
xoxo,
sister ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment